Skip to Main Content
Department of Neighborhoods and Citizen Engagement
Select a Category
Civic Organizations/Neighborhood Grants Forms
Housing & Neighborhood Resource Summit
Lansing Photo Contest
Snow, Leaves, Grass, and Trash Forms
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Citizens Academy - Fall 2018 Cohort -Post Program Survey
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
1. Since having completed the Citizens Academy program, I have done this for the first time.
Check all that apply:
Applied to Join a Board or Commission
Registered to Vote
Voted in an Election
Researched my elected officials
Canvassed for an elected official
Signed up to work an election through the City Clerk's office
Attended a City Council Meeting
Submitted a public comment at a City Council Meeting
Attended the meeting of a City of Lansing Board or Commission
Used Lansing Connect to report a service need
Created a volunteer profile with SERVE Lansing (Capital Area United Ways's Volunteer Portal)
Signed up to volunteer with a city-sponsored event/program
Joined a civic organization ( a civic organization can a neighborhood association, non-profit, commercial real estate group, PTA/O, faith-based organization, Friends Of organization, etc.)
Created a new civic organization
Visited a new civic organization
Visited the Lansingmi.gov website
Visited the lansingneighborhoods.info website
Signed up to participate in the Lansing Police Department's Citizens Academy
Attended a Department of Neighborhoods & Citizen Engagement event (i.e. Neighborhood Roundtable, Housing & Neighborhood Resource Summit, Participatory Budget Night, etc.)
2. Please list any other way in which you’ve engaged civically since participating in Citizens Academy.
3. How would you say that your perception of city government has changed since participating in Citizens Academy?
4. What have you learned that has most surprised you or peaked your interest?
5. What have you learned that you have found the most valuable as a citizen of Lansing?
6. Having participated, what do you want people to know about the experience of the Lansing Citizens Academy?
7. Having finished the program, do you feel that your role as a community member has changed? If yes, how? If no, why not?
8. Is there anything else you would like to share with us about your experience?
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow